Hello FBCNA Friends! It's been a while, but here's a Sunday Scoop! Today, Pastor Dave looked at 1 Thessalonians, Chapter 3 in our current sermon series. His message titled "How Is THIS Good News?" took some time to look at suffering and trials. It was a great morning!
Here's a few notes from the message:
Paul tells us in 1 Thess 3:2-3 that we are destined or appointed for trials. But he also reveals to us a few words of wisdom and encouragement regarding the trials, tribulations and troubles that Christians face:
1. Do not be surprised when trouble comes.
- See 1 Peter 4:12
- Jesus came to redeem you from eternal destruction and to prepare you for eternity.
- Verse 15 tells us there are 2 kinds of trials and suffering : as a consequence of our own sin and as a consequence of our commitment to Christ
2. Be on guard for the enemy when trouble comes. He strikes when we are tired, depleted, scared, uncertain etc.
3. Pray for one another when trouble comes.
4. God will perfect, mature, and develop you when trouble comes.
- Read Romans 5:3-5
So how do we endure and overcome?
- Gather regulalry with people of God
- Seek help with humility
- Pray without ceasing and ask others to pray for and with you
- Remain in the Word of God
- Give thanks in all circumstances
- Trust in the character and steadfastness of God
*NEXT SUNDAY WORSHIP IS AT 9:30am -- Please note the time change due to the Fall Foliage Parade. There will be no adult Sunday School or Holy Play.
* The October Scroll is now available. If you would like it emailed to you, please contact the church office. You can also access it HERE.
* Thank you to everyone who helped with the church tag sale! The sale raised $880 to help supplement the church budget for 2016.
*Check out the Camp Ashmere page HERE for info on the bike-a-thon and turkey dinner coming up in October.
* Save the date for the Harvest Fair on Saturday, November 5th! We will be looking for donations of handmade items, baked goods, and attic treasures.
* We are now accepting donations to the Warm Clothing Drive on Saturday, November 12th. Be sure to make all donations you leave at the church.